Acne is a skin condition where the pores of the skin get blocked due to a layer of dead skin over it. As the skin keeps producing oil, it keeps getting accumulated and becomes bumper. The pore may have a whitehead, a blackhead or a pimple. Acne is witnessed more on the part of the body where there are more oil glands.
There are a lot of factors that less to the occurrence of acne. Poor hygiene, fluctuations in hormonal level, poor diet and heredity contribute to their occurrence. There many options available in the market to treat acne and scars caused by them. One can go from ointment to medical procedures for treating acne and their scars. But these procedures are expensive, and everyone cannot afford them. So we bring you the most popular ingredient from your pantry that eliminates acne just like any other medication, but unlike them, it’s safe and very effective. This is also known as a cost-effective option which is much effective to fight acne. The user can also use it easily as it is completely free from any type of side effects. It is also easily available in the home as well as the market.
The ingredient we’re talking about is baking soda. It is a wonderful beauty ingredient that can eliminate acne effectively. Baking soda is mild on skin and has anti-inflammatory properties that reduce redness and soothes inflammation caused by acne and cysts. The five granular in it prove as an excellent exfoliating ingredient that diminishes acne scars and pigmentation caused by it. The baking soda can be used in the following ways to fight acne.
- Take one teaspoon of baking soda. Mix it with a tablespoon of water to make a thick paste. Apply this over the affected area and wash away after 15 minutes.
- Take a teaspoon of baking soda and mix it with a tablespoon of lemon juice. Mix the ingredients well and form a paste. Now apply it to the acne for 15 minutes. Wash thoroughly with cold water and apply a moisturizer.
- Mix a tablespoon of honey with two teaspoons of baking soda. Mix this to form a paste and apply it off the affected area and wash away with water. Use this thrice a week.
- Take a teaspoon of your regular face wash. Add half a teaspoon of baking soda to it. Now add half a teaspoon of coconut oil. Mix all the ingredients well. Wash your face using this homemade face wash. Use this every time you wash your face to see visible results.
- Mix a spoonful of baking soda with two teaspoons of coconut oil and use it as a scrub to exfoliate dead skin. Wash it with cold water and apply a good moisturizing lotion.
These are some of the easy options that can help the user get rid of acne in a limited period also. However, the result of this remedy may vary from person to person as the response of the body may vary.